Sunday, August 24, 2008

Garage Door Surfing

Greetings from Elfstone Chestnut Pussycat,
Mom caught me eyeing the open garage door from the vantage point of her truck, while she was weeding the garden and pruning the rhodie bush just next to the garage. Darn spoilsport human jumped up and down and screamed and flapped ineffectively then remembered that all she had to do was shut the door, which she proceeded to do.

I think she remembered the Amazing Feat I performed several years ago when I'd jumped up there -- it makes a perfect shelf for a cat to park on when open, because it sits flat with some room between the door and the ceiling -- and when she pushed the button to shut it as she was pulling out of the driveway I poured myself through a little crack in the corner of the garage as the door dropped. I surfed down the outside of the rapidly lowering door and jumped the remaining five feet or so lightly to the driveway.

I'm not sure what "HAIR DYE" means but she said that a lot then. She was utterly horrified.

Now she's just saying stuff like "Six pounds heavier!" (And her point is...??)

Hmpf. She just needs to trust me...

No comments:

 Hello all, I started singing this song last night.  There are times when I "go on watch" -- and I am holding the spirits of two b...